Go to content

Go to content | Navigation | Direct access | Connection

You are here : ENGLISHStudent lifeAccomodation


The Student Life Accommodation Office

The Student Life Accommodation Office does all it can to help you find a place to live, fast:
  • We publish an annual guide to student accommodation, where you can find all the information necessary for your search (you can also check out the internet pages in the student portal).
  • Browse adverts from homeowners offering homestay and rental accommodation. Nearly 150 adverts are posted annually in the two branches of the Student Life Office.
  • We hold an accommodation forum on the first Saturday of July, where you will be able to find all those involved in student accommodation and meet homeowners.
  • Register an online search for accommodation and the accommodation office will contact you if an advert matches your search.
  • Legal advice for students.
  • Walk-in visits Tuesday and Thursday afternoons (2pm-5.30pm) at office 30 in the Vauban building.
  • If you are a foreign student on an exchange program, the Accommodation Office will help you with your search. We also manage the rooms in CROUS university residences reserved for exchange students.

Alternative accommodation options

In addition to traditional student housing, you can also widen your search to include the possibilities listed below.

UVSQ housing platform

You are a future international student at UVSQ, use the university's housing platform on which you will be able to:
  • Find a rental close to the campus
  • Find your international or French roommate(s) and form shared rentals
  • Find a room in a French family (ideal for the experience).
Thousands of accommodations from private owners, halls of residence, real estate agencies, or rooms in private homes, are available close to the university: https://uvsq.studapart.com
  • Already Students? Log into the platform by clicking on “Student login” then on “Connection with intranet”  
  • Candidates? Sign-in using the enrollment key provided by UVSQ

CASA housing platform of Université Paris-Saclay

To find accommodation, use the new CASA housing platform of Université Paris-Saclay.

This platform has been set up to assist you in finding your accommodation according to your profile and your needs. It will allow you to have direct visibility on available accommodations.

You will find all the offers from public and private partners on all of the university's campuses (91, 92, 94, 75 and 78 departments) in a single dedicated space.

The platform will allow you to:
  • View the housing offers available and regularly updated by landlords
  • Geographically locate offers on a map
  • Know their cost and anticipate the related charges
  • Know the conditions for accessing the offers
  • Locate transport and local shops
get to casa housing platform

In a few cliks:
  1. Create your student profile,
  2. Find offers based on your search criteria
  3. Find your favorite offers in your personal account
  4. Consult the advice for finding accommodation, preparing your budget, requesting aid and compiling your application file
  5. If necessary, contact your establishment using the contact form.
Find below the list of associations, public and private partners lessors of the platform: List of CASA partners

La Cité internationale universitaire de Paris

You can submit an accommodation request to the Paris international students’ residence. Some nationalities or schools have a specific house, and students concerned should contact the relevant house directly.

Classified ads for foreign students in Paris

You may like to look at FUSAC, a free magazine with classified ads for Paris’s international English-speaking community.

You can also go to the American Church and the Swedish Church (both places are open to everyone), where people post housing ads (studio rental, roommates, housing in exchange for services rendered) and job ads intended mainly for foreigners, and written in French and English.
  • The American Church,  65 Quai d’Orsay, 75007 Paris
    Metro: Pont d’Alma (RER C), Invalides (RER C and lines 8 or 13), Alma Marceau (line 9)
  • The Swedish Church, 9 rue Médéric, 75017 Paris
    Metro: Courcelles (line 2)

Stay with a French family

It is possible to find accommodation in a private home.

There are organizations that specialize in putting foreign students in touch with host families, usually for a fee and for short-term stays. Please note, these services can be pricey.

A few of these organizations (from the cheapest to the most expensive):

For exchange students

UVSQ has a quota of rooms for exchange students in CROUS university residences (Vauban in Guyancourt, Lamarck in Elancourt, Adrienne Bolland in Buc, La Fresque in Versailles). The application procedure will be communicated to you during the registration process with the UVSQ International Relations Office.
Please note: not all applications are successful.

A welcome pack containing a comforter or duvet and cover, a pillow, bowl, cutlery, and plates is offered by the Student Life Office.

The documents required to apply for housing

To rent accommodation, you must prepare the following documents:
  • A double-sided photocopy of your passport and your guarantor’s passport
  • A photocopy of your guarantor’s last three pay slips and/or proof that you receive a scholarship Proof of address of your guarantor
  • Bank account details
The guarantor is someone who will pay your rent if you are no longer able to pay it yourself. Most landlords require the guarantor’s income to be equal to at least three times the rent.
Many landlords require the guarantor to be a French resident. You should know that, by law, the owner cannot refuse to accept someone as a guarantor because he or she does not have French nationality or resides outside of metropolitan France.

Housing benefits

As a foreign student, you may be eligible for a housing benefit.

All applicants must provide a birth certificate (preferably translated into French).

In addition:
  • If you are a citizen of the European Economic Area or Switzerland: you must prove that you have the right to stay in France (i.e., that you are a student), have social security cover and have sufficient financial resources.
  • If you are not from the European Economic Area: you must have a residence permit.
Don’t wait to receive your residence permit to send in your application. You should send the application as soon as you move in, then send a copy of your residence permit once you receive it.